Friday, December 7, 2012

walk it out

 "Kelly can you handle this? Michelle can you handle this? Deyonce can you handle this? I don't think they can handle this!!!!!!" Whooooooo saaaaaaaaaaa!

And our topic for tonight's blog would be . . . WALKING OUT OF DANCE CLASS! Now! I've had several accounts of this happening in my classes and I thank the heavens that I'm more, calm, cool and collected now! BUT! before now, here's how the situation would have go down . . . 

"ummmmm class hold on! (me chasing student down the hall) Excuse me! Excuse me! Why did you just leave class??? (excuses, excuses, excuses) I need you to go BACK to class and challenge yourself for 1 day! You paid you're money right???" . . . student walks back to class (afraid) haha 

TODAY! I'm older BUT . . . I STILL don't understand! 

Question? There are class levels correct? 1, 2, 3 . . . basic, beginner, intermediate, ADVANCED, etc. Why do people with a basic level DECIDE to take a . . . let's say ADVANCED HIP HOP class, if they have NOT advanced? Then, they get frustrated (disrespectful) and leave? YOU answer it! . . . 
I can't!

Wait! here's a NEW one for my life! Situation: student walks out of class, after I told her that we weren't on a water break! HA! Water is for wimps! lol 

Question? If the teacher isn't 'huffing and puffing' and no extrenious activity has transpired yet - tell me why you would need water? I guess I'm ol' skool! Tantrums for water! Not my thing! Moving on. 

You guys have NO idea! I can spot someone walking out of class from a mile away . . . like a dog sensing a proller! No! better yet! . . . I am the terminator! I WILL terminate yo bleep! if you walk out and never choose to give that "church one finger up, head down" gesture. Some teachers (MOST) don't care, butttttttt ding! ding! . . . Deyonce does! 

Question? Did you not like my class? SO! You teach it!
Question? Did you all of a sudden come down with this sudden sickness affecting your limbs to dance? Uhhhhh NO! Suck it up!
Question? Was there a dog chasing you out of the room? Duh! No animals allowed!
Question? Did you accidently go into the wrong class and have to run out in the MIDDLE bc you just realized it? Ummmmm Don't think so! Get it together! 
And last question? Was it "try a class" day and if you didn't like it, you just moved on to the next? Well . . . maybe - NOT! As my In Living Color memory serves me right  . . . HATED IT! 

[So for this! I'm gonna give you: 2 snaps with a black girl attitude, lips poked out, closing my eyes with a deep breath, slow exhale, and a hope that I didn't see your face to remember who you were when you try to take my class again.] haha 

LESSON:
Walking out of class is just SO disrepectful to the instructor guys . . . Teachers work just as hard as you do (even more). I always say this: If you have to leave early - tell the teacher beforehand, if the class is too hard or 'not your thing' - challenge yourself for the day - you don't have to go back to that class . . . remember that. 

Hope you learned your lesson for the day! DON'T WALK OUT OF CLASS! Esp mine! haha

we DON'T walk it out ~ signing off. 

No comments: