Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bras and Booties - No boys.

(dedicated to Elisa Montalvo)

I'm always aware that when I go teach at new studios, there is always the possibility of: Boys, Bras, and Booties. And I know that most of you DON'T know what I am referring to, but let me just paint this picture for you. If I were to walk into a room full of teeny-boppers (teenagers) or the A/P's (Advanced Professionals) wearing: my hair in a high messy bun - a brightly colored racer back sports bra (let's pick - HOT PINK!) - extremely short spandex shorts (borderline - cheeks coming out the bottom) . . . in LIME GREEN - high knee length white socks WITH stripes running along the top, accented with stars! - ANNNNNNND don't forget my wide variety of colorful ANIMAL BANDS - what would you think of me??? I can wear whatever I want to dance class - as long as I'm the teacher and I teach a good class right? WRONG. You guys would "talk about me!" and think that I had lost my damn mind!

So, question of the day would be . . . (minus the boys bc there were none today) - What's up with this teeny-bopper dance fashion phase? I don't get it. MY stomach is flat - can I show it? All I'm saying is that I wanna be cool too! Or maybe I'm ol'skool? geez! I thought that you didn't strip down to your underwear until you were working EXTRA hard in dance class . . . sweating balls! - I guess not! EVERYBODY! HI! Pay attention to what you are NOW supposed to do - HERE'S YOUR NEW GUIDE FOR PROPER ATTIRE WHILE TAKING DANCE CLASS: Start off by coming to class NAKED . . . yes naked. Once you get to crunches, maybe begin to put on your shorts and bra (boys, just shorts :)), then when you get to the "stretching section" - you NEED your socks so you don't slip LOL - then once you have a "break" . . . slip into a "T." During the combination, you can now pull your pants over your shorts. And by the end of class - omg! YOU'LL BE FULLY COVERED! WoW! The nature of clothes . . . sounds pretty mind-blowing huh???

always fully clothed - signing off.


No comments: