Friday, September 3, 2010

cowboy(girl)s and inDancin?

Cowboy boots. What's your take on them? Western. Outer wear. Texas. Country. Cute with skinny jeans. Real ones. Fake ones. Hard-sole. Common? Slight heel. Mid-calf. Leather. For the "Manly Man." A Cowboy Boot Review - What? Or I don't know that much about them? Anyway - I'm sitting down, having a snack before my class and a lady asks the front desk, "would it be okay for me to wear my COWBOY boots to Hip Hop class?" And anyone who knows me . . . could figure out my answer to THAT question. So, I sit and I listen and I wait. I go to class and I see COWBOY BOOTS and a skirt in Hip Hop class . . . And for the FIRST time ever! - I say: NOTHING. HA! ONNNNNNNNLY because we were in another studio that day - with a wood floor to be exact. Usually, there's marley and I don't think that the floor would have been able to handle COWBOY BOOTS in Hip Hop class! So - my question is: when did Hip Hop become so inviting? Yes! to expressing your "individuality" and no, oh no! Hip Hop isn't a "technique class." psh! It's just for fun guys! No leotards here! We can wear WHATEVER we want! WRONG.

"line" dancing - signing off.

No comments: